The Role of Medical Alert Consoles in Senior Care at Home
Learn more about how medical alert consoles can supplement full-time senior care at home.
If you’re spending most of your time at home alone, you’ve probably thought about your safety and security. You may wonder what you would do in the case of an accident or emergency—like a fall or a heart attack. Would you be able to get to the phone in time?
With the help of a personal emergency response system (PERS), you’ll never have to worry about getting the help you need again. Our medical alert consoles are the main hub of your PERS. Your medical alert console is a small, tabletop unit that is stored in a central location in your home. When used in combination with a medical alert bracelet or necklace, you’ll always get the help you need when you need it.
How Medical Alert Consoles Work
When you press the button on your bracelet or pendant, your medical alert console will become a loud speakerphone for two-way communication wherever you are. You’ll be connected right away to someone at our around-the-clock monitoring station, who will dispatch the help you need. Depending on your needs, we will contact a neighbor, a family member, or emergency services. We’ll always stay on the line until help arrives so we can ensure you are taken care of.
Our medical alert consoles are wireless, have transmission ranges of at least 200 feet, and can be customized to meet your needs and lifestyle. Learn more about the benefits of each system below.
PERS G4000 Emergency Alert Console
- Visual and audible alarms
- Rechargeable backup battery that sends an alert when low
- Works with our auto-fall accessory, which can detect a fall or sudden impact
PERS G2000 Console
- Can be used with up to 16 other safety devices
- Allows for the recording of up to 8 reminder messages
- Used with a waterproof pendant, worn on the neck or wrist
PERS LM5000 with 2-Way Voice Pendant
- Transmission range of up to 500 feet
- Ideal if you have a large home or spend time outdoors
- Has a microphone and speaker built into the pendant
- Used with a necklace, bracelet, or a belt clip
PERS G1150 Console
- Can be used with up to 24 different safety devices
- Ideal for seniors with Alzheimer’s or dementia
- Can be used with floor mats or motion detectors
- Can be turned on or off to work with caregiver or family schedules
GSM PERS Console
- Doesn’t require a landline; used over a cellular network
- Can be used with a necklace or bracelet
Contact us to learn more about our medical alert consoles or to schedule a consultation with a PERS specialist. We’ll assess your senior care at home needs, evaluate your home, and help you choose the right system for your lifestyle.